This entry was a week in the making....She said a week ago. Everyday there was just something else to pile on my plate. As Thanksgiving break quickly comes came to an end, the house had to be put back together from getting the eight (and counting) Christmas boxes out of the attic and decorating. While I worked on the inside of the house, my sweetheart put the lights on the house. The tree was all decorated except for the piece de resistance - my new tree topper. In the past, I've always put an angel on the top of our tree, but this year we found this lighted Santa topper. It is SO cute. I have always had a “family” tree. Every year I buy a new ornament for everyone depending on what they are doing. I have 20 years of tradition here, and it’s not changing any time soon. My daughter is going to Europe to visit a friend, so I found a passport ornament. My step-son is going on a cruise, so I found him a cruise ship ornament. My son loves A Christmas Story, so I found Ralphie in his bunny costume. Sweetheart found a Texas Ranger light up ornament, and I found a Wonder Woman ornament. My step-daughter got baptized this year, so I found her a bible ornament. My other step-son was harder. He isn’t into much stuff. I found an Iron Man ornament because he likes Iron Man. My sweetheart always had a “decorative” tree. When we first moved in together, he wanted two trees - a family tree and a decorative one. This year I convinced him to just have one. Not that I don't love having two trees, but we just don't have the room for two.
And here is the final product. Yes, I know the star is crooked.
It’s on my list...lol!
It’s on my list...lol!
The week back to school after Thanksgiving was exhausting! The hardest
period of school is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The kids are tired;
the teachers are tired. Thursday of that week, I decided to do something that
required very little work on my part. I gave them a sentence to start a story,
told them to write for three minutes, and then they traded papers and
continued the story. They had much fun! Not only did they write for an entire
period, they read, edited the stories, and worked together. Friday they read
the stories in class. They were so funny, and each story had a theme that ran
through them, and they found them. Who knew?! The best part is that they
asked to do it again! Win, win!!! I love those accidental lessons that wind up
being great. Administrators even walked through and were amazed at how
focused they were.
period of school is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The kids are tired;
the teachers are tired. Thursday of that week, I decided to do something that
required very little work on my part. I gave them a sentence to start a story,
told them to write for three minutes, and then they traded papers and
continued the story. They had much fun! Not only did they write for an entire
period, they read, edited the stories, and worked together. Friday they read
the stories in class. They were so funny, and each story had a theme that ran
through them, and they found them. Who knew?! The best part is that they
asked to do it again! Win, win!!! I love those accidental lessons that wind up
being great. Administrators even walked through and were amazed at how
focused they were.
Gotta love those smiling superstars, right?
This week my daughter had her drill team Christmas party, and since she is
captain of the squad, guess who got to plan it? Yep, Miss Introvert Hostess
Me! Thank God parents pulled through and helped with the decorations and
materials. Our church let us borrow their facilities which was beautifully
decorated. I stressed over the party so much. It was Baby Girl’s last
Christmas party with the drill team, and I wanted it to be the best it could be.
The tables were decorated like presents with a beautiful candle centerpiece
and chargers for their paper plates to sit on. I decorated the bags in case we
needed more on the tables. Since we didn’t need them on the tables, they
decorated the stage.
captain of the squad, guess who got to plan it? Yep, Miss Introvert Hostess
Me! Thank God parents pulled through and helped with the decorations and
materials. Our church let us borrow their facilities which was beautifully
decorated. I stressed over the party so much. It was Baby Girl’s last
Christmas party with the drill team, and I wanted it to be the best it could be.
The tables were decorated like presents with a beautiful candle centerpiece
and chargers for their paper plates to sit on. I decorated the bags in case we
needed more on the tables. Since we didn’t need them on the tables, they
decorated the stage.
There were several places in the church that made beautiful backdrops for
pictures, and they took advantage of them. I found some photo booth props
for cheap for the party, and the girls and moms LOVED them.
pictures, and they took advantage of them. I found some photo booth props
for cheap for the party, and the girls and moms LOVED them.
Aren’t these cute photo backdrops?!
And tonight was supposed to be the annual town Christmas parade, but it
got postponed for rain. Thank God!!!! With all the stuff that has been going
on, I have never been so glad to hear that there wasn’t going to be a parade
this week. I am ready for a slow down. What makes your holiday season
hectic?
got postponed for rain. Thank God!!!! With all the stuff that has been going
on, I have never been so glad to hear that there wasn’t going to be a parade
this week. I am ready for a slow down. What makes your holiday season
hectic?
No comments:
Post a Comment