Welcome to my blog. It's been a secret goal of mine to write. I've written some books, but I don't have the courage to let anyone read them. This past weekend I attended a woman's event at church. Candice Paine (aka Chewbacca Mom) spoke at the event about finding joy. She was amazing! After hearing her speak, I was so inspired, I decided to start a blog and begin writing publicly. I did my research and decided to jump in.
I want this blog to be uplifting to celebrate the good things in my life, my family, and maybe do some tutorials of crafts and cooking. After all, I am a teacher at heart. I guess I should begin with an introduction...lol!
My name is Heather. I have a 20 year-old son. He is away at college to major in business and works at in the maintenance department of a public school. He loves what he does. I have a 17 year-old daughter who still lives at home. She's a senior in high school, captain of her drill, and is an amazing artist. She's planning to go to college to major in business and dance. She wants to own her own dance studio. I live with my boyfriend of almost three years and his 15 year-old son. My "step-son" is a freshman in high school. We got custody of him right before school started, and it's been quite an adjustment for all of us. My boyfriend also has a 13 year-old son and an 11 year-old daughter. We see them once or twice a month. My boyfriend teases me that I love being a momma so much that I had to get some more kids...lol! These people have my hearts.
I'm in my 25th year teaching. I've taught 4th grade, 6th grade, high school English, and I'm currently teaching 8th grade English/Language Arts. I graduated in May 2018 with my Masters in Educational Administration. I decided to wait until my daughter graduated until I looked for an assistant principal's job.
As far as hobbies, I love to crochet, sew, cook, and plan. I'd like to do some tutorials in the future.
I want this blog to be uplifting to celebrate the good things in my life, my family, and maybe do some tutorials of crafts and cooking. After all, I am a teacher at heart. I guess I should begin with an introduction...lol!
My name is Heather. I have a 20 year-old son. He is away at college to major in business and works at in the maintenance department of a public school. He loves what he does. I have a 17 year-old daughter who still lives at home. She's a senior in high school, captain of her drill, and is an amazing artist. She's planning to go to college to major in business and dance. She wants to own her own dance studio. I live with my boyfriend of almost three years and his 15 year-old son. My "step-son" is a freshman in high school. We got custody of him right before school started, and it's been quite an adjustment for all of us. My boyfriend also has a 13 year-old son and an 11 year-old daughter. We see them once or twice a month. My boyfriend teases me that I love being a momma so much that I had to get some more kids...lol! These people have my hearts.
My son and daughter
My daughter and step-daughter
My love and step-sons
I'm in my 25th year teaching. I've taught 4th grade, 6th grade, high school English, and I'm currently teaching 8th grade English/Language Arts. I graduated in May 2018 with my Masters in Educational Administration. I decided to wait until my daughter graduated until I looked for an assistant principal's job.
As far as hobbies, I love to crochet, sew, cook, and plan. I'd like to do some tutorials in the future.
Well, if you've read this far, thank you. I'm planning to post at least once a week. Some weeks I may post more than other weeks depending on what’s going on in my life. Please comment if you'd like. I'd love to hear from you. Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment